Ice on Your A/C?
When there’s ice on your air conditioner or heat pump in summer, you have a problem.
It’s important that you turn off the system at once. There could be many causes for the problem; some are simple to fix while others are complicated.
Let’s start with the quick fixes, which you may be able to do yourself:
- The air filter may be blocked or closed.
- Windows are open, forcing the air conditioner to work too hard.
- The thermostat may be set too low – below 70 degrees, for example.
- Something is blocking the vents.
More complicated problems require a professional:
- The refrigerant charge may be low.
- There could be problems with the fan belt, the fan relay, the thermostat, the blower wheel, the expansion valve, or other parts.
Problems? Call Freedom Heating and Cooling. Our family-owned company, in business for more than a decade, has a trained staff of technicians with a total of more than 200 years experience that enables us to fix your problems quickly and efficiently. We’re at (205) 444-4444.