The Most Costly Type of Leak is a Slab Leak
If your home is built on a slab, leaks can damage the foundation over time. They can be caused by rain and running water over time. Over time your home’s slab can crack and lets water into the slab. If these slab leaks are if not taken care of quickly it can cause serious and costly damage.
Water leaks are not always noticeable or obvious. If your home is over 15 years old the main water lines that move water from one area of your home to the other areas could be showing their age and wear. When this happens the slab and the leak need to be repaired by certified professionals.
Think You Have a Hidden Water Leak?
Check the following in and around your home if you feel that you have a water leak.
- Sewer backup.
- Puddles of water in a room in your home that cannot be explained.
- You see your water bills increasing unexpectedly.
- Soil erosion in and around your home’s foundation.
- Flooding near the structure of your home not caused by rain.
- Moisture on concrete that darkens or takes longer to dry.
Whether it’s a small leak that you are just noticing or a potentially costly slab leak to your home, Freedom Plumbing is prepared to help you with your home plumbing needs.
Call (205) 444-4444 for 24 hour emergency plumbing services.